Masters news: Scottie Scheffler reveals wife’s motivational message before huge win at Augusta – ClutchPoints - Pour Motive

Ad

Masters news: Scottie Scheffler reveals wife’s motivational message before huge win at Augusta – ClutchPoints

Share This

World no. 1 Scottie Scheffler secured the first green jacket of his career with an incredible- and historic– performance at the 2022 Masters. Scheffler’s victory was marked by his incredible shot-making and machine-like efficiency throughout the tournament at Augusta. It was also fueled by a pep talk by Scheffler’s wife. Armed with a lead late in the tournament, Scheffler battled fear and doubt on the morning of the final round. His wife delivered some motivation, as reported by Yahoo Sports.

“I cried like a baby this morning,” Scheffler said after he won. “I was so stressed out. I didn’t know what to do. I was sitting there telling Meredith, ‘I don’t think I’m ready for this. I’m not ready, I don’t feel like I’m ready for this kind of stuff,’ and I just felt overwhelmed. She told me, ‘Who are you to say that you are not ready? Who am I to say that I know what’s best for my life?’ And so what we talked about is that God is in control and that the Lord is leading me; and if today is my time, it’s my time. And if I shot 82 today, you know, somehow I was going to use it for His glory. Gosh, it was a long morning. It was long.”

Scheffler, who said he “cried like a baby”, began to doubt if he was ready for the moment at the Masters. Scheffler’s wife questioned “who he was to say that he’s not ready.”

She went on to tell the Augusta National champion that “God was in control” and if “it was his time, it was his time.” Fortunately for Scheffler, it was his time, as he proved too tough for the field to catch.

He won the Masters and put on the green jacket, thanks to some truly incredible golfing- and his wife’s pep talk.

tiger woods, scottie scheffler, the masters


from WordPress https://ift.tt/39CzNuS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages