Mental health expert to address students, community | News, Sports, Jobs – timesobserver.com - Pour Motive

Ad

Mental health expert to address students, community | News, Sports, Jobs – timesobserver.com

Share This

<!–

–>

A renowned youth mental heath motivational speaker has sent a message to Warren County and will be visiting the Warren County School District.

The district posted a video Friday from Jeff Yalden of Here Tomorrow Mental Health Collaborative of Jacksonville, Fla., on its website.

C.O.R.E (Choosing Openness Regarding Experiences) and the Warren County YMCA have arranged for Yalden to visit with students and staff during the day on Thursday, Feb. 17, and with parents and others at 6:30 that evening in the Warren Area High School auditorium.

In the video, Yalden, who has been to the Warren community before, introduces himself and sends his condolences.

“I’ve worked with school communities all over the world for the past 30 years on teen mental health, suicide crisis, suicide crisis intervention,” Yalden said. “I’ve been contacted by your community. With recent events, the community has reached out to me.”

“I’m privileged and honored to be able to share and enlighten you with love, hope, and an understanding as to what young people are going through today,” he said. “I think growing up today is harder than it’s ever been. I think parenting is harder than it’s ever been, teaching is harder than it’s ever been.”

“In the past two months, you’ve experience incredible loss,” Yalden said. “I want to send my condolences. I’m so sorry.”

“I want you to know that I’m here,” he said.

Yalden encouraged people to talk about their feelings.

“If you don’t speak out what you are going through, you are going to act out what you are feeling,” he said.

He also encouraged people with concerns to visit www.heretomorrow.org and urged those who are experiencing hopelessness to call Here Tomorrow at (904) 372-9087.

The video can be viewed at www.wcsdpa.org.

“My thoughts and prayers are with you,” he said. “I’ll be out there on Feb. 17.”

Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox



from WordPress https://ift.tt/Tn91fsl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages